If you need VCAT`s help (including interpreters, hearing loops, video or telephone communications or domestic violence assistance), please let us know as soon as possible so we can help. Learn more about VCAT customer support. If there is no agreement, the tenant or landlord can apply to the VSBC for free mediation to help resolve the tenancy dispute. For commercial tenants and landlords, the system provides the following support: The government also provides property tax relief to commercial or commercial landlords that reduce their tenants` rents, provided that, in many cases, all parties are represented by mutual agreement in the list of construction and real estate. If you are represented by a legal representative or other authorized agents, we will only contact them. If you rent a property primarily like your home, but you also run a business there, our information can be useful if the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 (the Act) is applicable. If, for example, retail space also includes a residential home that is not rented to the distributor, then the tenant of the residential portion of the premises is covered by the law. You can only ask for a shorter rental period if you apply for a waiver for the Victorian Small Business Commissioner. Once you`ve decided to rent a building, use our checklist on retail rental contracts to make sure you know the right questions you need to ask before signing.

In accordance with paragraph 21 of the Retail Leases Act 2003, you are entitled to a lease agreement for at least five (5) years. This includes the initial duration and all other deadlines or conditions provided for by extension options. A Victorian commercial lease is suitable for premises primarily used for wholesale trade, manufacturing or storage. Our rental information does not apply to commercial leases. Our jurisdiction only covers leases. Rental documentation must be accompanied by a disclosure statement. This disclosure statement must be provided to you seven (7) days before the conclusion of the lease. The disclosure statement is a very important document because it sets out the details of the building, including: in Victoria, the rules for commercial leasing end a little differently, because the flexibility for the types of activities that apply to commercial leases is much more limited. You do not need legal or professional representation to be able to apply to VCAT.

If you wish to be represented by a lawyer or a professional lawyer, you generally need permission from VCAT. In many cases, all parties are represented by mutual agreement. If a tenant or business landlord is in a situation where the tenant is having difficulty paying rent because of coronavirus (COVID-19), we recommend that tenants continue to pay what they can afford, find out what their declining turnover is and write to their landlord to try to reach an agreement on the rental facilities. Tenants should do so as quickly as possible, as they are only entitled to rent relief from the day they write to their landlord. In general, hiring a lawyer to design a commercial lease costs you somewhere between $500-1000, compare what buying this professionally designed template kit for $89.95 The tenant and landlord must follow certain steps for a transfer of the lease.